We are looking for Facilities Manager to lead our UK Facilities Management team on a 1 year fixed term contract for maternity cover. You will be responsible for our offices in London and Cambridge ensuring smooth operation and a great working environment for all employees. The offices are inhabited by about 320 in London and 75 in Cambridge, passionate and playful Spotifyers that will need the Office Management’s full focus to perform at their best.
Your responsibilities will range from maintenance to the facilities to leading our awesome team of office coordinators. You will have budget responsibility together with the Head of Facilities and be the first point of contact to our vendors for office supplies: cleaning, snacks and furnishing. In close collaboration, you will develop and maintain policies and practices together with the Head of Facilities EMEA. This role is a full-time role located in our London office reporting to our Head of Facilities. Occasional travel will occur.
At Spotify, we’ve connected millions of people to their favourite songs and created a service that people use to discover and enjoy music they love. Your work will impact the way the world experiences music!
What you’ll do
- Lead, develop and motivate the Facilities Management team in London
- Be in charge of the coordination of internal moves together with the team.
- Negotiate supplier’s agreements and also be the first point of contact to our vendors for office supplies; furnishing, snacks and cleaning
- Support the GWS Global Lead Team in the development of Workplace Policies and routines
- Coordinate continuous improvements of our facilities and processes
- Coordinate occurring reconstructions of the London offices
Who you are
- You have a proven track record of managing a large office (+300 persons) and had full budget responsibility for at least one, but preferably several, units
- You are an inspirational and positive leader who loves to have fun at work. You’re also a collaborative teammate who shares our values as a company.
- You are used to working in an international, ever-changing and fast-paced environment
- You have a deep knowledge of facilities management and you’re passionate about contributing to the improvement of our offices
- Being on your toes and expecting a surprise around every corner encourages and drives you
- You are diplomatic and used to navigating in a complex organisation where stakeholders are many and resources have to be distributed in a smart and fair manner
- Used to work at a non-hierarchical company.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.