We believe that music ought to be more accessible, more artists have the opportunity to live off their art and more fans enjoy it.
We are looking for an experienced web engineer to join an autonomous, loosely-coupled agile team. You will work with members of your team to build features and scalable architecture for web applications and services within Spotify. The technologies you are familiar with are less important to us than your ability to demonstrate practical experience of web application development, such as agile engineering methods backed by a deep understanding of software engineering best practices.
What You’ll Do
- Be an impactful and mature contributor to the team to plan, design, and build elegant solutions
- Build and maintain scalable applications
- Bind our front and back end services together
- Monitor, test, and continuously optimize your designs
- Deliver testable, maintainable, and high-quality code
- Collaborate with software engineers, product managers, designers, and analysts
- Ensure that our user experience is the very best it can be
- Share knowledge, evangelize best practices, and collaborate with some of the best web engineers in the company
- Have the opportunity to participate in annual company-wide hack weeks
Who You Are
- You have at least 5+ years of experience in Web Development
- You are comfortable working in an agile environment, and are comfortable challenging yourself and your team to improve their ways of working
- You are adaptable and inventive and you are able to develop effective solutions to problems
- You care about the user experience and know how to build user-friendly web applications
- You have experience with continuous delivery and automated testing
- You care deeply about web technologies, business impact, usability, design and music
- You have excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, and can communicate your ideas, especially to those not technologically proficient
- You value team success over personal success
- You hold yourself and others accountable
- You are willing to work from our awesome office in New York. We offer relocation packages if you do not currently live in New York.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.