Our data visualisation platform team is growing and we are looking for an experienced Tableau Server admin and back-end developer to join us. The team serves most parts of Spotify with visualisation platforms to enable them to build dashboards and reports, spanning from recurring financial reports, product insights to ad-hoc data visualisations. You will belong in a small team, but work across the company. Strong social skills coupled with a willingness of understanding other people’s challenges and needs is critical to our success.
In short, you will enable a platform where developers and business users can bring better and quicker insights to all parts of Spotify, ultimately impacting the way the world experiences music.
What you’ll do
- Work on the Tableau Server and platform, to enable teams across the company (tech, business, finance, human resources…) to build their dashboards for their area of business. Enable a platform to simplify visualisation and presentation of data.
- Help extend the Tableau platform and adapt it to the future way of working at Spotify.
- Develop backend tools to simplify and serve the need of products from stakeholders and regulations.
- Ensure created dashboards and reports are accessible by the right people, as well as ensuring that all accesses are auditable.
- Understand the needs for creating visualisations and reports using big data sources, being responsible for the ability to consume terabytes of data to create insights.
- Test new visualisation tools and be part of creating the future roadmaps for our visualisation platform strategy.
- Work from our office in Stockholm but open to travel if needed.
Who you are
- You have 3+ years of experience as a Tableau developer with experience configuring and running the servers.
- You have very good knowledge of Tableau Server.
- You have very good knowledge of Windows Server running Tableau, Linux knowledge is a bonus.
- You have experience working with Python and the Tableau Server REST API.
- You have experience working in a team with a agile mentality, leveraging tools such as GitHub, JIRA and more.
- You have a strong ability to work cross-functionally with for example IT, network technicians, security teams and technology teams.
- You are not afraid to raise issues and influence change to remove impediments in your team.
- You are eager to learn new things and to improve existing solutions.
- You see the bigger picture. You can identify needs and come up with solutions/products to support the processes.
- You are interested in working with big data.
We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better workplace for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.