Our employees are the heart that powers Spotify’s service. We are a rapidly growing group of the most amazing and passionate people across the globe focused on giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by it.
Productivity Engineering is a division within the Spotify internal IT department. Productivity Engineering’s mission is to ensure that all Spotify employees have access to the best tools, services, and applications to be able to collaborate seamlessly, building solutions, and solving problems together.
We are looking for an Experienced Systems Engineer to join our global team of talented engineers, in the platforms and integrations team. Although the team’s scope is broad, the primary responsibility for the team is Identity Access Management and Access Control across the company.
What You’ll Do
- Be a technical leader and a valued contributor in a dynamic, autonomous, cross-functional agile team
- Design, code, test, and document systems and services, to automate solutions within your team’s domain
- Partner with other engineers, product owners, and stakeholders to solve interesting and challenging problems
- Collaborate with high-performing teams and engineers throughout the company, to accomplish common goals
- Find ways to spread insights across the organization (for example, internal talks and writing internal blog posts)
- Proactively look for and implement improvements
Who You Are
- You have a strong sysadmin/devops profile combining systems and network administration with knowledge in scripting/development and with a security mindset
- You have a passion for technology and a constant desire to learn
- You have the ability to utilize creative and innovative thinking, but you also adhere to a strong sense of ownership, customer service, and integrity demonstrated through clear communication
- You love working in an environment where you constantly experiment, innovate and iterate quickly
- You thrive in a rapidly evolving, globally distributed environment
- You care about quality and you know what it means to write high quality code
- You have experience working with stakeholders to understand, document and develop solutions to meet business needs (functional and non-functional requirements)
- You master multiple programming languages, such as Python, Java, and Bash, at a level where you can not only code and troubleshoot, but also design reliable and scalable solutions
- You enjoy working with automation and building continuous integration pipelines, using CI/CD systems such as Jenkins
- You are comfortable working in Linux and Windows environments and you have experience integrating them
- You work with LDAP, AD, SSO solutions, and understand the importance of Identity Access Management strategy for the enterprise
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.