Our global HR business demands tools supporting a continuously improved, integrated employee experience, smarter workforce planning, data integrity, and insightful reporting and analytics. We are preparing for the next leap in our journey – and this is an opportunity to make a huge impact.
In this job, you will collaborate with an ambitious and award-winning HR organization – as well as skilled product owners, application specialists, and engineers – in a fast moving, multi-disciplined environment supporting a business in hyper-growth mode.
You will be accountable for the growth of the Workday/HRIS team in both Stockholm and New York, ensuring members are growing in their different roles, are focused on the most valuable deliveries, and are generally having a great time at Spotify.
What you’ll do
- Be the technical point of contact for all systems within the delivery area – with a strong emphasis on Workday, and all downstream/upstream dependencies
- Build strong partnerships with HR, Product Owners, your team, and our vendors
- Develop a deep understanding of Spotify HR strategy and policies and communicate these effectively to the team to create context and build an understanding of “the why’s”
- Define and implement a long-term vision for the teamwork to understand and communicate ‘why’ we should do things, and then reach consent within your team to drive the ‘how’
- Lead configuration/development and deployment of new modules/systems, including ensuring the team is technically healthy and maintains high-quality standards
- Work hard to create and enable a delivery-focused autonomous, cross-functional team with clear goals that align with the product roadmap by advocating and advance modern practices in the team such as lean/agile/kanban
- Implement, report and improve controls to meet our standards for information security, GDPR and IT General Controls
- Grow people and teams through coaching, mentoring, and feedback loops
- Collaborate with our Talent Acquisition team and HR to attract, onboard and retain diverse top talent
- Manage external partner relationships and agreements, including financial forecasting
- Participate in HRIS Advisory Board, as well as other collaboration forums
- Work from our office in Stockholm or New York
Who you are
- You know Workday inside-out (been through a few implementations or evolved an existing platform significantly), including technical aspects and how to integrate it with other systems
- You have in-depth experience of Workday HCM, Payroll, Time Tracking, Absence, Compensation and Security
- You have a deep understanding of HR processes and stakeholder needs
- You can lead and manage virtual teams at a passionate engagement level
- You understand how to manage a backlog based on agile and lean principles and tools (We use Jira, Trello, plus a few more)
- You have experience of controls and confidentiality practices, such as IT General Controls, SOX and GDPR
- You don’t shy away from tough conversations and appreciate getting direct feedback
- You are a curious learner and can engage yourself and others to drive change
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.