We are looking for an Engineering Manager – Web to help lead front-end engineering for the Creator Enterprise team in NYC. Creator Enterprise leads all development efforts towards labels, publishers and other rights holder constituents. You’ll change the face of creative expression globally while working with some of the most demanding constituents in the world.
While you’ll be leading a smaller team now, we are looking for someone to grow with the mission. At Spotify, we are constantly growing and changing, and we are looking for someone who will rise with the challenge.
What you’ll do
- Manage a team of 6-10 web and front-end engineers spread across 2-3 teams
- Grow your team – both their interpersonal, leadership and technical skills.
- Partner with product, design and other engineering leads to build agile teams that ship high quality products in the enterprise space
- Shape and change our culture to be a world-class engineering team and employer.
- Help lead the Creator Enterprise area across technology, practices, strategy and culture.
- Work with the recruiting team to attract, onboard, and retain web engineers.
- Work from our office in NYC and be occasionally willing to travel to other Spotify offices
Who you are
- You have a strong track record leading teams of preferably 15+ people, building and fostering collaborative cultures that deliver complex, high quality products.
- You have excellent communication, coaching, mentoring, and teaching skills.
- You have a technical background. You should be able to dive into technical problems and coach, challenge and lead as needed.
- You understand web development, and have familiarity with both frontend and backend.
- You have strong experience operating in complex tech organizations making use of agile methodologies and tools to build product for users at scale.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.