We are looking for an Engineering Manager to drive the Marketing engineering practice in our New York office. In this role, you will be instrumental in growing the team and guiding software development to successfully scale. You will help us to build communication infrastructure, including multi-channel messaging tools, helping us to build intelligent campaigns and improve the experience for our users. Above all, your work will impact the way the world experiences music.
What you’ll do
- Develop a team of engineers through coaching, mentoring, and management support
- Facilitate collaboration with other engineering teams, product owners, and designers to solve interesting and challenging problems across our marketing platform
- Participate in engineering technology architecture discussions for product development and advocate better development practices (CI, testing, operational efficiency, etc.)
- Grow the technical expertise of your team around quality, scalability, performance, and fault tolerance using state of the art tools
- Work closely with the recruitment team to hire and onboard engineers
- Work from our office in NYC and be occasionally willing to travel to other Spotify offices
Who you are
- You love developing and growing people and organizations and have a track record doing it
- You are knowledgeable and passionate about software development
- You are experienced with leading, coaching, and mentoring individuals and teams
- You have large-scale web or mobile experience in an agile development environment
- You may have experience in martech, adtech and/or eCommerce products
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.