Spotify has unique data, with rich information on the behavior of its 75+ million users across time. Unlocking this data, in combination with context signals and stated user intent (“play music”), to power voice-driven music and audio experiences is a huge (and fun!) challenge. You will have the opportunity to have a large impact on how this data is used to power voice interactions. The results of this effort will be used to improve the experience for users, and since you’re working on our core voice stack, to create products for artists, advertising partners, and more.
The Personalization team makes deciding what to play next on Spotify easier and more enjoyable for every listener. We seek to understand the world of music and podcasts better than anyone else so that we can make great recommendations to every individual person and keep the world listening. Everyday, hundreds of millions of people all over the world use the products we build which include destinations like “Home” and “Search” as well as original playlists such as “Discover Weekly” and “Daily Mix.” We’re a team of technologists, product insight experts, designers, and product managers in Boston, New York, Stockholm, and London.
What you’ll do
- You will help build a shared team of voice engineers, and lead through hiring, coaching, mentoring, and hands-on career development
- You will provide guidance and collaborate with engineers and product managers on backend system architecture and scaling
- Partner with machine learning engineers to build systems which evaluate their models against user behavior in real time
- In partnership with a product manager and team of engineers, build a stack which supports voice-driven experiences and delights users across Spotify
- You will support the engineering team in formulating the technical vision and strategy for our voice technology stack
- Grow a highly effective engineering team
Who you are
- You thrive when developing great people and great products
- You have experience in cultivating a strong engineering culture in an agile environment
- You have previous experience developing production-scale systems
- You have led small teams or teams of teams and helped engineers grow from new joiners to seasoned contributors
- You care about agile software processes, data-driven development, reliability, and responsible experimentation
- You’re familiar with the industry trends and keep up with the latest product offerings, and can understand trade-offs of existing solutions
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.