As an engineering manager at Spotify your primary responsibility is to the people you support: ensuring that they are growing as engineers, doing valuable work and generally having a great time at Spotify. A solid background in technical leadership and in software development are a must, so that you’re able to challenge and grow your team members. You will have the opportunity to influence the culture, facilitate technical delivery and work with your team on strategy and execution.
You will work in a tribe owning Spotify’s mobile experience. The team you lead will be tasked with mobile feature engineering, experimentation and prototyping. You will be collaborating closely with design, product, insights and your colleagues located in Stockholm and Gothenburg.
What you’ll do
- You will build and lead a team of engineers through hiring, coaching, mentoring, feedback and hands-on career development
- Be accountable for the team’s delivery and technical excellence
- Advocate and advance modern, agile software development practices and help develop and evangelize great engineering and organizational practices
- Grow a healthy, collaborative engineering culture in line with the company values
- Be an active part of the product area leadership team and collaborate with other leaders in the organisation
- You will be based in London, but occasionally travel globally
Who you are
- You love developing and growing people and have a tracked record doing it
- You are knowledgeable and passionate about software development
- You have experience in leading, managing, coaching and mentoring software developers towards delivering timely, high-quality software together with them
- You have a track record leading and growing teams towards high performance
- You have solid experience working in an agile development environment
- Previous knowledge of mobile engineering or leading mobile engineering teams is considered a plus
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come to be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.