Spotify is looking for an engineering manager to join the Information Security engineering department in NYC. The mission of Security is to monitor and continually improve Spotify’s information security, as well as to provide excellent guidance, knowledge, and user friendly security products. As well as monitoring and continually improving Spotify’s information security. The team works across the company to foster a good security culture. The security team is responsible for tooling, education, consultancy, security infrastructure and incident response within Spotify.
As a leader in the Security organisation, technical leadership, and a background in software development or information security is meriting. Your primary responsibility is to the people on your team: ensuring that the members are growing as engineers, are successful in their roles and generally having a great time at Spotify. You’ll also have plenty of opportunity to work across the larger organisation, in different challenging projects, such as application security, platform security, security engineering to mention a few of the domains.
What you’ll do
- Responsible for a team of ~8 engineers
- Develop people and teams through coaching, mentoring, and feedback
- Participate in developing the strategy for Security architecture, culture, and organization at Spotify
- Grow the technical expertise and practices of the Security Engineering team
- Help develop and evangelize great engineering practices across all of Spotify
- Work with the Security team, its stakeholders and customers to develop and improve Spotify’s security stance
- Work with the recruiting team to attract, onboard and retain diverse top talent
- Collaborate with others managers in leading the Security organization
- Represent the Security organization towards stakeholders
Who you are
- You are experienced in leading engineering teams, either within software development or system engineering, preferably with an information security focus
- You love developing and growing people
- You are knowledgeable and passionate about information security
- Preferably, you have solid experience from working in an agile development environment
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.