The Personalization team makes deciding what to play next on Spotify easier and more enjoyable for every listener. We seek to understand the world of music and podcasts better than anyone else so that we can make great recommendations to every individual person and keep the world listening. Everyday, hundreds of millions of people all over the world use the products we build which include destinations like “Home” and “Search” as well as original playlists such as “Discover Weekly” and “Daily Mix.” We’re a team of technologists, product insight experts, designers, and product managers in Boston, New York, Stockholm, and London.
We are looking for a Machine Learning Engineering Manager to support a team of data and machine learning engineers within our Search team. In this role, you will be instrumental in developing the team, guiding the modeling and engineering approaches, and communicating strategy and results to the broader organization.
What you’ll do
- Make significant impact on one of Spotify’s most central features
- Be a technical leader within the search team and within Spotify in general
- Coordinate technical projects across search teams
- Take operational responsibility for the services that are owned by your team to make sure the services are up and running
- Build a highly effective team of search engineers and lead through hiring, coaching, mentoring and hands-on career development
- In partnership with a product manager and a team of engineers, build a stack which creates a great search experience that delights users across Spotify
- You will support the engineering team in formulating the technical vision and strategy
- You will be based in Stockholm with some travel to our London, New York and Boston offices from time to time
Who you are
- You have 10+ years of professional experience working in a product-driven environment, out of which 3+ years are in search products
- You are familiar with the industry trends and keep up with the latest product offerings and can understand trade-offs of existing solutions
- You care about agile software processes, data-driven development, reliability and responsible experimentation
- You have experience mentoring and growing collaborative teams
- You have previous experience developing production scale ML systems
- You are an experienced manager or a senior individual contributor with strong people skills and leadership experience
- You have a deep understanding of system design, data structures and algorithms
- You have ability to drive change and decision making in heterogeneous groups
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.