We are looking for an Engineering Manager to join our SDK division in Stockholm.
Our main focus is to accelerate the reinvention and distribution of Spotify’s core experience. We enable fast implementation of a range of clients such as Spotify’s mobile and desktop clients and the new web player. In addition we support the integrations of Spotify in cars (e.g. Tesla, BMW, Volvo), gaming consoles (e.g. Sony Playstation, Microsoft’s Xbox) and thousands of other applications created by our third-party developer community.
We drive a roadmap that aims to put all Spotify’s SDKs and APIs under one roof. Some of our core challenges include consolidating the user experience for tools like Spotify Connect across platforms and handling devices with poor specs on slow networks. We are also continuously thinking about how we can expand and improve our existing product offering.
What you’ll do
- Grow people and teams through coaching, mentoring, support, and feedback
- Work closely with one or two teams, with the aim to have no more than 10 direct reports
- Work with the Talent Acquisition team and HR to attract, onboard and retain diverse top talent
- Advocate and advance modern software development and engineering practices in the team
- Foster and advance good technical awareness, design principles, and architectural understanding in your teams
- Help lead and shape the tribe as a whole by being a member of the department leadership team
- Continuously manage your personal development by building the skills required for your next step in your career
Who you are
- Ideally you already have experience in building, leading and mentoring cross-functional development teams.
- You are passionate and take pride in delivering well crafted software systems
- You love developing and growing people to their full potential
- You enjoy working in an agile development environment