We in Premium R&D are looking for an Engineering Manager to lead our team tasked with
1) Driving in-app conversion to our Premium offerings
2) Helping us educate and engage users on what they get as Spotify Premium users
You will be responsible for building a healthy team by supporting the growth of engineers in the team and by establishing strong engineering practices. We would rely on you to help your team to answer the “how do we solve this problem”.
As a lead for strong engineers in R&D, technical leadership and a proven background in software development is a must, so that you’re able to provide guidance as well as challenge and grow your team members.
Who you are
- You love developing, coaching and growing people across different subject areas and crafts.
- You have knowledge of in-app (Android / iOS) development and have led efforts in the area.
- You have led complex engineering efforts including analysis of requirements and scoping and know what it takes to deliver high quality software with the team.
- You are adept at using agile methodologies for product development.
- You are comfortable working with your peer network spread across multiple locations.
What you’ll do
- Lead a cross functional team of engineers and help with their career development. In doing so, you grow a healthy, collaborative engineering culture in line with Spotify’s core values.
- Work with our extended leadership team to set and define a technical strategy for your team aligned with the larger organisational strategy.
- Work closely with your team and stakeholders to enable sustainable and timely delivery of technical solutions to address business needs.
- Facilitate multi-functional partnership between engineers, product managers, and designers to build innovative and user-friendly products.
- Advocate and advance modern, agile software development practices.
- You will be based in New York City, but occasionally travel to our other offices / offsite locations across the world if the need arises and is safe to do so.
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 286 million users.