We are looking for an Engineering Manager for or our Home Consumer Electronics product area within Platforms & Partner Experience tribe based in Stockholm.
As a leader in this hardware and partner intensive part of the organisation, strong technical leadership and a solid background in software development is a must, so that you’re able to challenge and grow our experienced quality engineers. Your primary responsibility is to the people on your team: ensuring that the members are growing as engineers, doing valuable work and generally having a great time at Spotify. But you’ll also have plenty of opportunity to work on raising the engineering bar across all hardware and partner experiences Spotify delivers and supports.
What you’ll do
- Develop people and teams through coaching, mentoring, and feedback
- Advocate and advance modern software development practices in the team’s (CI/CD, test automation etc)
- Grow the technical expertise of your teams on system performance, platform compatibility and maintainability
- Help develop and evangelize great engineering practices across all of Spotify
- Work closely with team, product managers, agile coaches and other stakeholders to ensure we deliver a world class experience for our users through our partner integrations
- Work with the recruiting team to attract, onboard and retain diverse top talent
- Collaborate with others managers in leading the strategy and delivery for the Home CE Product Area.
Who you are
- You have several years of experience in leading, managing, coaching and mentoring software development teams and delivering timely, high quality software together with them
- You love developing and growing people and have a known track record doing it
- You are knowledgeable and passionate about either mobile, embedded or distributed systems development and verification.
- You have solid experience from working in an agile development environment.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We truly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.