The Personalization team makes deciding what to play next on Spotify easier and more enjoyable for every listener. We seek to understand the world of music and podcasts better than anyone else so that we can make great recommendations to every individual person and keep the world listening. Everyday, hundreds of millions of people all over the world use the products we build which include destinations like “Home” and “Search” as well as original playlists such as “Discover Weekly” and “Daily Mix.” We’re a team of technologists, product insight experts, designers, and product managers in Boston, New York, Stockholm, and London.
What you’ll do
- Make a significant impact on some of Spotify’s most central features
- Be a technical leader within the Programming Platform team and within Spotify in general
- You will build and lead a team of engineers through hiring, coaching, mentoring, feedback and hands-on career development
- Be accountable for delivery in your team: work closely with the team, product managers, agile coaches and other partners to ensure we deliver world-class products in a timely manner
- Grow a healthy, collaborative engineering culture
- You will be based in Stockholm with some occasional travel to our New York and Boston offices
Who you are
- You are passionate about software engineering best practices and love to have an impact on large-scale tech problems
- You’re experienced as a tech lead or people manager
- You’re passionate about transformational leadership and bottoms-up culture, invested in developing both great engineers and great teams
- You’ve applied agile and lean principles to solve problems at scale
- You have supported production-grade systems from idea to launch
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.