As an engineering manager at Spotify your primary responsibility is to the people you support: ensuring that they are growing as engineers, doing valuable work and generally having a great time at Spotify. As a lead for strong engineers in R&D, technical leadership and a solid background in software development is a must, so that you’re able to challenge and grow your team members. You will have the opportunity to influence the culture, facilitate technical delivery and work with your team on strategy and execution.
What you’ll do
- You will build and lead a team of engineers through hiring, coaching, mentoring, feedback and hands-on career development
- Support timely delivery of technical solutions to address business needs
- Advocate and advance modern, agile software development practices and help develop and evangelize great engineering and organizational practices
- Grow a healthy, collaborative engineering culture in line with the company values
- Be an active part of the tribe leadership team and collaborate with other leaders in the organization
Who you are
- You love developing and growing people and have a tracked record doing it
- You are knowledgeable and passionate about software development
- You have experience in leading, managing, coaching and mentoring software developers towards delivering timely, high-quality software together with them
- You have solid experience working in an agile development environment
Posting Dates April 29th 2019 to May 30th 2019
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We truly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.