We are looking for a passionate Engineering Manager to join Spotify’s Free Business Unit. Our mission is to create the best experience for our Spotify Free users and to offer the best return on investment to our advertisers. Our innovations in the digital audio advertising space drive new revenue that is helping change the very fundamentals of how artists earn a living in today’s digital world. The work we do helps change the lives of artists everywhere.
You would be leading a team that has a significant part in all of our strategic efforts and will help us grow our advertising business into a market leader.
Our team leverages machine learning to drive both advertiser outcomes and listener satisfaction in Spotify Free, helping democratize music access globally while positively impacting Spotify’s bottom line. We develop innovative solutions around the core problem of getting the right ad to the right user at the right time, while embodying Spotify’s values and taking our users’ best interests at heart.
What you’ll do
- Lead, teach and grow a team of Machine Learning Engineers so they are happy and productively engaged
- Help formulate technical vision and strategy for the machine learning systems that power one of Spotify’s most important business areas, monetization in our free product of 100+ million monthly active users.
- Be a leading voice in an active community of machine learning practitioners across Spotify
- Be an active partner to your Product peers as part of an effective leadership team for the whole group
- Inspire, manage and lead the engineering culture of our group, so we can achieve our mission
Who you are
- You have Ph.D.-level expertise and excitement about machine learning
- You can draw on substantial depth and breadth of management experience to lead and grow a machine learning team
- You have experience and passion for mentoring and encouraging collaborative teams.
- You are continuously curious and learning as a leader
- You have previous industry experience with the application of natural language technology
- You care about data-driven development, reliability, and responsible experimentation
- You’re familiar with the industry trends and can understand trade-offs of existing solutions
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.