We are looking for engineering managers to join the infrastructure department in Stockholm. The department focus is to create tools, develop infrastructure and teach good practices to help Spotify engineers move faster. We serve over hundred teams building backend services and processing data for Spotify features. Currently we are looking for engineering managers to the following domain.
- Service infrastructure
- Data infrastructure
As a leader in this infrastructure-centric part of the organisation, technical leadership and a background in software development is meriting. Your primary responsibility is to the people on your team: ensuring that the members are growing as engineers, doing valuable work and generally having a great time at Spotify. You’ll also have plenty of opportunity to work across the larger organisation, in different challenging projects.
What you’ll do
- Responsible for a team of ~8 engineers
- Develop people and teams through coaching, mentoring, and feedback
- Participate in discussions around software architecture
- Advocate and advance modern software development practices in the teams you work directly with as well as the hundreds of customer teams that use the infrastructure products
- Grow the technical expertise of your teams on development practices
- Help develop and evangelize great engineering practices across all of Spotify
- Work closely with teams, product owners, agile coaches and other stakeholders to ensure we deliver world-class tools and capabilities for our backend developers
- Work with the recruiting team to attract, onboard and retain diverse top talent
- Collaborate with others managers in leading the infrastructure tribe
Who you are
- You are experienced in leading, coaching and mentoring software development teams and delivering working software together with them
- You love developing and growing people
- You are knowledgeable and passionate about software engineering. Perhaps you have a background within infrastructure but bringing knowledge from a different domain into the teams would be great as well.
- Preferably, you have solid experience from working in an agile development environment
We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and backgrounds will lead to a better workplace for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.