The Infrastructure team’s mission is to ensure that Spotify engineers can iterate securely, reliably, and efficiently. We craft technologies and solutions that allow our developers to focus on building the best music streaming product in the world. Do you love to lead teams while innovating with cloud-native products and improve the velocity of an entire developer community?
We are looking for an engineering manager to join our mission and to lead a new squad that’s focused on improving the overall performance and cloud cost attributes of our platform. We operate thousands of microservices and data pipelines globally, and this team will be working to optimize our stack to run most efficiently in the cloud. To succeed in this mission, you’ll be partnering with teams across our infrastructure org – from our container orchestration and CI/CD systems to testing tools – as well as with many engineering teams across Spotify.
What you’ll do:
- You’ll develop people and teams through coaching, mentoring, and management
- You’ll lead the team’s delivery, planning, and technology strategy
- You’ll work closely with the Talent Acquisition team to hire and onboard engineers
- You’ll help to cultivate technical best practices and foster a culture of sustainable tech health
- You’ll work from our New York City office and occasionally travel
Who you are:
- You’re passionate about distributed systems and/or data processing and love to have impact on large-scale tech problems
- You’re experienced as a tech lead or people manager
- You’re passionate about transformational leadership and bottoms-up culture, invested in developing both great engineers and great teams
- You’ve applied agile and lean principles to solve problems at scale
- You have supported production-grade systems from idea to launch
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.