We are looking for an Engineering Manager to join Creator Marketplace and lead engineers working in our Identity team. As a leader of this engineering team, you will be tasked with supporting Mobile and Backend engineers while building and scaling Storytelling features to users and artists, through our Spotify Music and Spotify for Artists platforms.
What you’ll do
- Develop people and teams through coaching, mentoring, and management
- Work closely with the Talent Acquisition team to hire and onboard engineers
- Work closely with our Storytelling team’s leadership to enable sustainable delivery
- Facilitate collaboration with other engineers, product managers, and designers to solve interesting and challenging problems across our artist platform
- Grow the technical expertise of your team
- Work from our office in New York City and be occasionally willing to travel
Who you are
- Passionate about the confluence of the music industry and technology and about making meaningful impact for millions of creatives
- Experience managing engineering teams up to at least 8 people
- Strong and proven engineering background in either Mobile or Backend engineering
- Passionate about transformational leadership and bottoms-up culture, invested in developing both great engineers and great teams
- Ability to apply agile and lean principles to solve problems at any scale
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.