The Platform department creates the technology ecosystem that enables Spotify to learn and deliver quickly, while safely and easily scaling to billion customers, and enabling our rapid employee growth around the globe. Our team consists of six organisational units (known as ‘tribes’) that reflect the needs and groupings of our internal customers – from the shared approaches to supporting and aligning the craft and practice of designers, engineers, researchers, and data scientists – to the frameworks, capabilities and tools they need to do their work as effectively, quickly, and safely as possible. We are an amplifier for productivity, quality, and innovation across Spotify.
We are looking for a passionate engineering leader to join Spotify’s Productivity Engineering team. Productivity Engineering is responsible for all of the devices, software, tools, and networking Spotifiers use every day to get their work done. Our vision to give every Spotifier the best possible user experience from the moment they open their device. We do this by finding the best technologies available in industry, partnering closely with providers to improve them, and adding our own engineering to make them especially productive for Spotifiers. By doing so we seek to remove all barriers to collaboration, enabling every employee to work freely and securely—with an experience that makes Spotify one of the best places to work.
As an Engineering Manager at Spotify your primary responsibility is to the people you support: ensuring that they are: growing as engineers, delivering healthy technology, and generally having a great time at Spotify. A solid technology background is key, so that you’re able to challenge your team members to be their best. You will have the opportunity to influence the culture, facilitate technical delivery and work with your team on strategy and execution.
What you’ll do
- You will build and lead a team of engineers through hiring, coaching, mentoring, feedback and hands-on career development
- Support timely delivery of technical solutions to address business needs
- Advocate and advance modern, agile engineering practices and help develop and evangelize great engineering and organizational practices
- Grow a healthy, collaborative engineering culture
- Facilitate collaboration with other engineers, product managers, and designers to solve challenging problems that affect all Spotifiers
- You will be based in Stockholm, but occasionally travel globally
Who you are
- You are passionate about the confluence of the music industry and technology and about enabling Spotifiers be more productive in changing how the world listens to audio.
- Experienced leading engineering teams of 8-12 people
- You are a leader and engineer with a strong background in: collaboration technology, networking, identity and access management, or enterprise SaaS applications
- You are passionate about leading in a bottoms-up culture and investing in developing great engineers and teams
- You have experience working with LDAP, AD, SSO solutions, and are passionate about building a strong strategy for IAM in a rapidly growing environment.
- Eager to apply agile and lean principles to solve problems at any scale
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We truly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.