Growth Opportunities (GO) is an R&D team in Spotify with a mission to drive sustained growth of Spotify fans around the world and we are looking for an engineering manager to lead one of our engineering teams. As an engineering manager at Spotify and GO, you will be responsible for supporting your team members and ensuring that they are growing as engineers, doing valuable work and generally having a great time at Spotify.
As a lead for strong engineers in R&D, technical leadership and a solid background in software development is a must, so that you’re able to provide guidance as well as challenge and grow your team members. You will have the opportunity to influence the culture, be accountable for technical delivery and work with your team on strategy and execution.
What you’ll do
- You will build and lead a team of engineers through hiring, coaching, mentoring, feedback and hands-on career development
- Support timely delivery of technical solutions to address business needs
- Advocate and advance modern, agile software development practices and help develop and evangelize great engineering and organizational practices
- Grow a healthy, collaborative engineering culture in line with the company values
- Be an active part of the tribe leadership team and collaborate with other leaders in the organisation
- Hands on contribution would be a strong plus
- You will be based in Stockholm, but occasionally travel globally
Who you are
- You love developing and growing people and have a track record doing it
- You are knowledgeable and passionate about software development
- You have experience in leading, managing, coaching and mentoring software developers towards delivering timely, high quality software together with them
- You have solid experience working in an agile development environment
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.