We are looking for an Engineering Lead to join Spotify’s Growth Team. This area will focus on user growth by accelerating our marketing through creative, innovative and strategic engineering efforts. Our mission is to find new user growth through the combination of product engineering vision and marketing strategy.
As an engineering manager at Spotify your primary responsibilities are People, Tech and Delivery. You will ensure they are growing as engineers, doing valuable work and generally having a great time at Spotify. As a lead, you will have strong experience in technical leadership, working with a set of strong engineers in R&D, a solid background Application development is a must, so that you’re able to challenge and grow your team members. You will have the opportunity to influence the culture, facilitate technical delivery and work with your team on strategy and execution.
What you’ll do
- You’ll lead the team’s delivery, planning, and technology strategy
- You’ll help to cultivate technical standard methodologies and foster a culture of sustainable tech health
- You will build and lead a team of engineers through hiring, coaching, mentoring, feedback and hands-on career development
- Support timely delivery of technical solutions to address business needs
- Advocate and advance modern, agile software development practices and help develop and evangelize great engineering and organizational practices
- Grow a healthy, collaborative engineering culture in line with the company values
- Be an active part of the tribe leadership team and collaborate with other leaders in the organization
Who you are
- You’re passionate about software engineering best practices and love to have an impact on large-scale tech problems
- You love developing and growing people and have a tracked record doing it
- You have experience in leading, managing, coaching and mentoring software developers towards delivering timely, high-quality software together with them
- You have solid experience working in an agile development environment
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.