We believe that by thinking holistically and acting at the intersection of product, marketing and branding we’ll be able to bring scale, efficiency and differentiation to Spotify’s growth strategy.
We are looking for an Engineering Manager with a strong background in Data and Machine Learning to join our team that share a common interest in People, Tech and Delivery. You will grow and develop engineers in a healthy and high-performing team, continuously improving our engineering practices, delivering state of the art technology while keeping it fun! Above all, your work will impact the way the world experiences music and audio content.
We have an exciting and ambitious roadmap ahead, with only a fraction of the potential opportunities identified. What is next, could depend on you.
Our group will:
– Create real-time and recommendation-based products that increase awareness, engagement, and retention with Spotify
– Deploy and evolve models that use a variety of ML techniques, from bandits to neural nets
– Establish foundational datasets for use across Spotify’s growth and marketing operations
– Drive solutions from experimentation to production, working cross-functionally with designers, mobile and full-stack engineers, and marketing specialists
– Standardize and automate creation & maintenance of machine learning applications
What you’ll do
- You will be working closely with product, insights and design to influence the culture, facilitate technical delivery and work with your team on strategy and execution
- You will help to cultivate agile methodologies and foster a culture of sustainable tech excellence by establishing standard development & ops practices
- You’ll be responsible for building upon Spotify’s ML infrastructure to deliver production-scale, end-to-end solutions
- You will provide guidance and collaborate with other teams on relevant topics such as data science and experimentation, applications of machine learning algorithms, and software systems design
- You will ensure the team has a sound technology strategy
- You will build and manage a team of engineers through hiring, coaching, mentoring, feedback and hands-on career development
- You will grow a healthy, collaborative engineering culture in line with our values
- You will build and run experiments to iterate on new and existing products while delivering many of those user-facing features to over 280 million users
Who you are
- You’re passionate about software engineering methodologies and love to have an impact on large-scale tech problems
- You have previous experience developing large scale production ML systems
- You have previous experience with industry-standard frameworks such as Tensorflow or Scikit-learn
- You have previous experience with distributed processing systems such as Hadoop/Spark/Storm/Scio
- You have demonstrated driving projects from experimentation to fully-scaled deployment
- You care about the user experience, data-driven development, quality and reliability of systems, and responsible experimentation
- You have experience in managing, coaching and growing software engineers and have a track record of doing it
- You are comfortable working collaboratively on a cross functional team. Working project-based, and also driving delivery on small to medium-sized initiatives
- You enjoy learning as well as teaching others and are passionate about your work, striving towards the goals of the team and, ultimately, the Spotify mission — “giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by it”
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 299 million users.