We believe that by thinking holistically and acting at the intersection of product, marketing and branding we’ll be able to bring scale, efficiency and differentiation to Spotify’s growth strategy.
We are looking for engineering managers to join our team of talented engineers that share a common interest in People, Tech and Delivery. You will grow and develop engineers in a healthy and high-performing team, continuously improving our engineering practices, delivering state of the art technology while keeping it fun. Above all, your work will impact the way the world experiences music and audio content.
We have an exciting and ambitious roadmap ahead, with only a fraction of the potential opportunities identified. What is next, could depend on you.
What you’ll do
- You will be working closely with product, insights and design to influence the culture, facilitate technical delivery and work with your team on strategy and execution
- You will help to cultivate agile methodologies and foster a culture of sustainable tech health
- You will ensure the team has a sound technology strategy
- You will build and manage a team of engineers through hiring, coaching, mentoring, feedback and hands-on career development
- You will grow a healthy, collaborative engineering culture in line with the company values
- You will build and run experiments to iterate on new and existing products while delivering many of those user-facing features to over 280 million users
Who you are
- You’re passionate about software engineering best practices and love to have an impact on large-scale tech problem
- You love developing and growing people and have a track record doing it
- You have experience in managing, coaching and mentoring software engineers
- You have previous experience delivering products in an agile development environment at scale
- You have a quality mindset, delivering high quality products and supporting others to maintain a high standard
- You are comfortable working collaboratively on a cross functional team. Working project-based, and also driving delivery on small to medium-sized initiatives
- You enjoy learning as well as teaching others. And are passionate about your work, striving towards the goals of the team and, ultimately, the Spotify mission — “giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by it”
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 286 million users.