The Platform department creates the technology ecosystem that enables Spotify to learn and deliver quickly, while safely and easily scaling to billion customers, and enabling our rapid employee growth around the globe. Our team consists of six organisational units (known as ‘tribes’) that reflect the needs and groupings of our internal customers – from the shared approaches to supporting and aligning the craft and practice of designers, engineers, researchers, and data scientists – to the frameworks, capabilities and tools they need to do their work as effectively, quickly, and safely as possible. We are an amplifier for productivity, quality, and innovation across Spotify.
We’re looking for an engineering manager who wants to join our team to build a great experience for people at Spotify who wants to try out an idea on our users. At Spotify we drive product change through experimentation. Having an A/B testing platform where we can easily develop and try out new ideas with our users is essential for us to know that the things we build are actually what our users want.
As an Engineering Manager at Spotify your primary responsibility is to the people you support: ensuring that they are: growing as engineers, delivering healthy technology, and generally having a great time at Spotify. A solid technology background is key, so that you’re able to challenge your team members to be their best. You will have the opportunity to influence the culture, facilitate technical delivery and work with your team on strategy and execution.
What you’ll do:
- You’ll develop people and teams through coaching, mentoring, and management
- You’ll lead the team’s delivery, planning, and technology strategy
- You’ll work closely with the Talent Acquisition team to hire and onboard engineers
- You’ll help to cultivate technical standard methodologies and foster a culture of sustainable tech health
- You’ll work from our Stockholm office and occasionally travel
Who you are:
- You’re passionate about software engineering best practices and love to have an impact on large-scale tech problems
- You’re experienced as a tech lead or people manager
- You’re passionate about transformational leadership and bottoms-up culture, invested in developing both great engineers and great teams
- You’ve applied agile and lean principles to solve problems at scale
- You have supported production-grade systems from idea to launch
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.