As an engineering manager at Spotify your primary responsibility is to the people you support, your squad: ensuring that they are growing as engineers, doing valuable work and generally having a great time at Spotify.
You would be joining as a lead for a group of strong engineers in our business intelligence squad, a part of the DNA tribe and financial organisation in Stockholm. Your technical leadership and a solid background in database development is a must, so that you are able to challenge and grow your team members as well as the tech stack.
You will have the opportunity to influence culture, facilitate technical delivery and work with your squad on strategy and execution. The deliveries span data warehouse and other custom solutions for central parts of the financial organisation and analytics teams for our revenue streams. The data that the squad provides support financial forecasting, product insights, sales teams and ultimately executive decisions. We love our data consumers and we have a feeling that they love us too.
What you’ll do:
- You will build and lead a team of engineers through, coaching, mentoring, feedback, hands-on career development
- Work with the recruiting team to attract, onboard, and retain diverse top talent
- Accountable for delivery in your team. Work closely with the team, the product managers, agile coaches and other partners to ensure we deliver world-class products in a timely manner
- Grow a healthy, collaborative engineering culture in line with the company values
- Be an active part of the tribe leadership team and collaborate with other leaders in the organisation
- You will develop an understanding of Spotify’s forecasting and financial analysis as well as aspects of our different business models
- Build strong relationships with product owners, partner squads and our stakeholders
- You will work with tools like Microsoft SQL Server, Google Cloud SQL (Postgres/MySQL), Google BigQuery, Tableau, Qlik Sense
- You will be based in Stockholm, but occasionally travel globally
Who you are:
- You are passionate about technology & data and what it can do for our users
- You thrive when developing great people, not just great products
- You are experienced in leading, coaching and mentoring engineering teams and individuals
- You are well-versed in data-driven and data-informed product development
- You have experience in fostering a strong engineering culture in an agile and dev-ops environment
- You are knowledgeable and passionate about building and scaling robust data processing and services
- You are either an experienced manager or a top-level individual contributor looking to move to team leadership
- You want to make an impact
We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better workplace for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.