We are looking for an Engineering Manager – Data to drive the data engineering practice within our Creator team in New York.
At Spotify, we’ve built the leading platform through which users experience the work of artists, and we’re passionate about crafting products and services that enable those artists to thrive. As a member of our team, you will lead a world-class engineering practice, ensure that our engineers have fulfilling careers, drive the approach with which we use data to serve the needs of artists, and play an active role in shaping the new music economy.
While you’ll be leading a smaller team to start, we expect the position to evolve along with our mission. At Spotify, we are constantly growing and changing, and need leaders who are able rise with the challenge.
What you’ll do
- You will build, lead and serve a team of engineers through hiring, coaching, mentoring, and hands-on career development
- You will be responsible for leveraging and evolving Spotify’s deep understanding of our content, artists, and users to develop rich analytics, engagement, promotional, and other offerings for artists and their teams
- You will help us see the big picture and balance delivering features with providing responsible enabling infrastructure
- You will work with close counterparts in other disciplines as part of a cross-functional team, and nurture this collaborative culture in your team
- You will both foster innovation and drive delivery
- You will be based in New York, but travel occasionally to Stockholm and London
Who you are
- You are passionate about technology and what it can do for the creative industry
- You thrive when developing great people, not just great products
- You are an experienced leader in using modern practices and tools to process, store, and expose consumer-scale datasets and build robust backend services
- You are well-versed in data-driven and data-informed product development
- You are comfortable with the nuts and bolts of software engineering, data engineering, and basic data science
- You are an experienced manager with a strong record of attracting and growing great engineers
- You have experience in cultivating a strong engineering culture in an agile devops environment
- You want to make an impact
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.
Psst! If this job is your perfect match and you want some inside tips before you apply, read this blog post by our Head of Talent Acquisition Fredrik Johnsson.