We are looking for an Engineering Manager for the team that supplies our close friends in Spotify Customer Support with the software solutions they need, both internally built systems and integrations with our vendors. We are a team of about 40 people in total, where the role of an Engineering Manager is to be the servant leader of one or two (out of five) of our development teams. The position is based in Stockholm.
As an engineering manager at Spotify your primary responsibility is to the people you support: ensuring that they are growing as engineers, doing valuable work and generally having a great time at Spotify. You also lead the delivery of the team, enabling great ways-of-work, focus on the most important things, and long term business value.
As a lead for strong engineers in our software development department, technical leadership and a solid background in software development is a must, so that you’re able to challenge and grow your team members. You will have the opportunity to influence the culture, facilitate technical delivery and work with your team on strategy and execution.
What you’ll do
- You will build and lead a team of engineers through hiring, coaching, mentoring, feedback and hands-on career development
- Support timely delivery of technical solutions to address business needs
- Advocate and advance modern, agile software development practices and help develop and evangelize great engineering and organizational practices
- Grow a healthy, collaborative engineering culture in line with the company values
- Be an active part of the closest leadership team and collaborate with other leaders in the organisation
- You will be based in Stockholm, but occasionally travel globally
Who you are
- You love developing and growing people and have a proven track record doing it
- You are knowledgeable and passionate about software development
- You have experience in leading, managing, coaching and mentoring software developers towards delivering timely, high quality software together with them
- You have solid experience working in an agile development environment