We are looking for an Engineering Manager to join the Creator team — the group at Spotify dedicated to helping artists thrive. Creator builds the features and services that help artists and the teams around them understand, grow, engage, and monetize their fans.
As an Engineering Manager, you will develop and support a team of Web, Mobile and Backend engineers. Your first priority will be scaling Storyline features. Later, you and your team will shift focus to building and maintaining the tools used by artists to create Canvas and Storylines.
What you’ll do
- You’ll develop people and teams through coaching, mentoring, and management
- You’ll partner with the Talent Acquisition team to hire and onboard engineers
- You’ll work closely with our team’s leadership to enable sustainable delivery
- You’ll facilitate collaboration with other engineers, product managers, and designers to solve problems across our platform
- You’ll grow the technical expertise of your team
- You’ll work from our office in New York City and be occasionally willing to travel
Who you are
- You are an experienced engineering leader for teams building consumer facing features
- You possess a strong web engineering background
- You are passionate about transformational leadership and bottoms-up culture, invested in developing both great engineers and great teams
- You are able to apply agile and lean principles to solve problems at any scale
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.