Spotify is reimagining the creator and consumer experience, partnering with artists, labels and publishers to help them better understand and engage their fanbase. Join us in the Creator Marketplace team, and you won’t just organise the world’s audio so that it is safer, instant and more intelligent. Or create the commercial models that help artists thrive. You’ll be at the centre of Spotify’s mission to bring artists and their fans closer together through unique content.
We are looking for an Engineering Manager to join the Creator team — the group at Spotify dedicated to helping artists thrive. Creator builds the features and services that help artists and the teams around them understand, grow, engage, and monetize their fanbase.
This role will lead a team building out the purchasing experience for promotional products in Spotify for Artists. The squad works closely with many other teams at Spotify to deliver a suite of promotional products to our artists and label partners. As a leader of this engineering team, you will be tasked with hiring and supporting web and backend engineers, fostering collaboration across teams at Spotify, and supporting the team in building an amazing self-serve promotional experience for our users.
What you’ll do
- Build, lead and serve an effective team of engineers through hiring, coaching, mentoring, feedback and hands-on career development.
- Work closely with your team and external stakeholders to enable sustainable and timely delivery of technical solutions to address business needs.
- Facilitate cross-functional partnership between engineers, product managers, and designers to set the right goals and solve problems across our platform.
- Advocate for and implement engineering best-practices and develop technical strategy to guide short and long-term plans.
- Partner with other leaders as we craft and evolve an agile, learning organization.
- Nurture a healthy, collaborative engineering culture in-line with our values.
Who you are
- You love developing and growing engineers across different disciplines and have a track record of doing so; you thrive when developing great people, not just great products.
- You are passionate about teamwork and collaboration, while coaching and mentoring software developers to deliver timely, high-quality software.
- You have experience in cultivating a healthy engineering culture in an iterative, agile environment.
- You have led complex engineering efforts, and know what it takes to deliver while still having a happy & productive team.
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 258 million users.