We are looking for an Engineering Manager to join our Creator Foundry team — the group at Spotify focused on building tools to better connect the industry, open new opportunities for collaboration, and give all Creators access to the resources they need to realize their vision.
As an Engineering Manager you will work in one of our squads, supporting a group of Web, Backend and Data engineers. You will be heavily involved in defining the product and technology strategy for your group, and will be accountable to the delivery of the products being built. You will also be accountable to the development and growth of the engineering organization.
What you’ll do
- You’ll develop people and teams through coaching, mentoring, and management
- You’ll partner with the Talent Acquisition team to hire and onboard engineers
- You’ll work closely with your team and external stakeholders to enable sustainable, effective delivery
- You’ll facilitate collaboration with other engineers, product managers, and designers to solve problems across our platform
- You’ll grow the technical expertise of your team
- You’ll work from our office in New York City and be occasionally willing to travel
Who you are
- You are an engineering leader for teams building consumer facing features
- You possess a data and/or backend engineering background
- You are passionate about transformational leadership and bottoms-up culture, invested in developing both great engineers and great teams
- You are able to apply agile and lean principles to solve problems at any scale
We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better workplace for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.