Delighting users while fairly compensating artists and creators is at the core of Spotify’s mission. To accomplish this we are constantly striving to more efficiently monetize our products. Spotify seeks Engineering managers to focus on growing one of the world’s largest and fastest growing digital subscription businesses and its core payment Platform.
We have ambitious plans in the Premium business unit. What does the music landscape look like in 2020? How will people buy and listen to music in a world of voice controlled UI, autonomous cars and AI? We need dedicated people to help us deliver a best-in-class Premium experience to the world’s music fans through enabling them to pay and get access.
You will do this by leading and growing a cross functional senior team and working closely with internal and third party stakeholders to deliver platform solutions, your work will have a material impact on the growth of Spotify’s Premium business and will directly impact the company bottom line through the millions of payments processed on the platform each day: if this prospect excites you we’d love to hear from you!
What you’ll do
- Help grow Spotify Premium by creating the platform and tools needed to process and integrate payment solutions from a merchant perspective, in a complex global payments landscape.
- Collaborate to define and drive product and tech strategy and roadmap. Evangelizing to the development teams, operators, and broader organisation.
- Work closely with operations and compliance teams to make sure that you provide for the company’s short- and long-term goals, differentiating between building what is asked for and what is truly needed.
- Running a high seniority agile team, owning the development process to drive quality and reliability and deliver a product solution to the business need that is valuable, usable and feasible.
Who you are
- Experienced in driving technical strategy as an Engineering manager in e-commerce, payments, integration heavy platforms and/or fraud and risk solutions
- Have domain experience from e-commerce, payments and/or fraud and risk from a merchant perspective.
- Possess excellent management, organisational, communication and relationship building skills.
- An analytical person with experience using a data-driven approach to problem solving, experienced in metrics focused technology management.
- Experienced with agile development methodology.
- Proven track record in delivering high quality, large impact technical solutions at scale.