As an engineering manager at Spotify your primary responsibility is to the people you support: ensuring that they are growing as engineers, doing valuable work and generally having a great time at Spotify. As a lead for strong engineers in R&D, technical leadership and a solid background in software development is a must, so that you’re able to challenge and grow your team members. You will have the opportunity to influence the culture, facilitate technical delivery and work with your team on strategy and execution.
You will be joining the Core Experience Tribe in Gothenburg, that drives the user experience of most of Spotify’s Android and iOS mobile app features. We work on both music and talk audio, defining the state of the art for a mobile audio streaming experience. The tribe works across product, design, engineering, data science and user research in cross-functional teams. As we are one of the largest tribes at Spotify, the tribe has been organized into three product areas that are responsible for different parts of the experience. In Gothenburg, the Identity & Investment Product Area focuses on providing the kind of usable and friction-free experience that encourages users to invest in our product, while allowing us to build our understanding of each user’s unique identity.
What you’ll do
- You will build and lead a team of engineers through hiring, coaching, mentoring, feedback and hands-on career development
- Support timely delivery of technical solutions to address business needs
- Advocate and advance modern, agile software development practices and help develop and evangelize great engineering and organizational practices
- Grow a healthy, collaborative engineering culture in line with the company values
- Be an active part of the tribe leadership team and collaborate with other leaders in the organisation
Who you are
- You love developing and growing people and have a track record of doing it
- You are knowledgeable and passionate about software development
- You have experience in leading, managing, coaching and mentoring software developers towards delivering timely, high-quality software
- You have solid experience working in an agile development environment
You will be based in Gothenburg, but occasionally travel globally – we offer relocation packages if you do not currently live in Sweden.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We truly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.