We are looking for a senior, delivery focused Engineering Manager to join our team in Stockholm. The Content Platform tribe is a central enabler for the Spotify business, delivering a complete, available and enriched catalog of music, podcasts, videos and more. We provide the knowledge graph that accumulates differentiated understandings of creators, content, their attributes, and their relationships. We ensure we can readily moderate and control the catalog to ensure a safe and trusted experience for consumers and to keep our system free of infringement.
As an engineering manager at Spotify, your main responsibility is to the people you support: ensuring that they are growing as engineers, doing valuable work and generally having a great time at Spotify. As a lead for strong engineers in R&D, technical leadership and a solid background in software development will ensure you are able to challenge and grow your team members. You will have the opportunity to influence the culture, facilitate technical delivery and work with your team on strategy and execution.
What you’ll do
- Build and lead a team of engineers through hiring, coaching, mentoring, feedback and hands-on career development.
- Support timely delivery of technical solutions to address business needs.
- Advocate and advance modern, agile software development practices and help develop and evangelize great engineering and organizational practices.
- Grow a healthy, collaborative engineering culture in line with our company values.
- Be an active part of the tribe leadership team and collaborate with other leaders in the organization.
- You will be based in Stockholm.
Who you are
- You love developing and growing people and have a strong track record in doing it
- You are knowledgeable and passionate about software development
- You have experience in leading, managing, coaching and mentoring software developers towards delivering timely, high-quality software together with them
- You have solid experience working in an agile development environment
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We truly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.