Do you love working with teams solving complex problems? Are you excited by growing engineers careers? Would you like to help manage an upbeat team having an impact on the future of Spotify?
We are looking for an Engineering Manager to join our team in New York. The Content Platform tribe is a central enabler for the Spotify business, delivering a complete, available and enriched catalog of music, podcasts, videos and more. We provide the knowledge graph that accumulates differentiated understandings of creators, content, their attributes and their relationships. We discover and organize structured information about the world of audio by collecting, connecting and curating data.
As an engineering manager at Spotify your main responsibility is to the people you support: ensuring that they grow as engineers and solving for our mission goals. As a lead for strong engineers in R&D, technical leadership and a strong background in delivering on complex data products will ensure you are able to challenge and grow your team members. You will have the opportunity to influence the culture, facilitate technical delivery, work with your team on strategy and execution, and coordinate with other teams across Spotify.
What you’ll do
- Build and lead a team of engineers through hiring, coaching, mentoring, feedback and hands-on career development.
- Support timely delivery of technical solutions to address business needs.
- Advocate and advance modern, agile software development practices and help develop and evangelize great engineering and organizational practices.
- Grow a healthy, collaborative engineering culture in line with our company values.
- Be an active part of the leadership group to improve our teams.
Who you are
- You love developing and growing people across different disciplines
- You are knowledgeable and passionate about software development
- You have experience in leading, managing, coaching and mentoring software developers towards delivering timely, high quality software
- You have proven experience working in an agile development environment
- You are driven to solve complex data problems
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We truly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.