We are looking for an Engineering Manager to join the Content Engine Division in Stockholm. Content Engine focuses on ingesting, managing and publishing the content that fuels Spotify. In this role, you’ll primarily work with the provider Integration team in Stockholm, a team that owns the systems and tools for content ingestion.
As Manager in this core part of the Spotify platform, a solid background in software engineering is a must, so that you’re able to challenge and develop our experienced engineers. Your primary responsibility is to the people on your team: ensuring that the members are growing as engineers, doing valuable work and generally having a great time at Spotify. You’ll also have plenty of opportunity to work across the larger division and technology organisation, and be involved in different challenging projects.
What you’ll do
- Grow people and teams through coaching, mentoring, and feedback
- Work closely with teams, product owners, agile coaches and other stakeholders in Spotify on improving the ingest systems, their scale, reach and performance
- Work with the Talent Acquisition team and HR to attract, onboard and retain diverse top talent
- Advocate and advance modern software development practices in the team (pair programming, CI/CD, test automation etc)
- Contribute to the development and adoption of great engineering practices in your team and across the division and the Spotify technology department
- Advance the technical expertise of your team on e.g. managing tech debt, system performance, security and maintainability
- Be an active member of the Content Engine division leadership team
Who you are
- You are experienced in building, leading and mentoring cross-functional development teams and passionate about delivering valuable, working software systems with them
- You love developing and growing people
- Preferably, you have solid experience from working in an agile development environment
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We truly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.