We are looking for a senior, delivery focused Engineering Manager to join our team in London.
The Content Control team is a central enabler for Spotify, sitting at the intersection of our consumer and creator offerings. We bring together technology, policies, and people to keep Spotify a safe and friendly place. Parts of this equation can be solved proactively, while other parts rely on a solid systematic approach for gathering and acting on real-time inputs from creators, industry partners, consumers and other non-governmental organisations. While Spotify has extensive experience, having operated in this space for many years, we are actively exploring the opportunities from a new perspective. This is where you come in: you’ll assist the engineering teams through technical leadership, contributing hands-on in a team, while leading technical projects spanning multiple teams.
As an engineering manager at Spotify your main responsibility is to the people you support: ensuring that they are growing as engineers, doing valuable work, and generally having a great time at Spotify. As a lead for strong engineers in R&D, technical leadership and a solid background in software development will ensure you are able to challenge and grow your team members. You will have the opportunity to influence the culture, facilitate technical delivery, and work with your team on strategy and execution.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Build and lead a team of engineers through hiring, coaching, mentoring, feedback, and hands-on career development.
- Support timely delivery of technical solutions to address business needs.
- Advocate and advance modern, agile software development practices and help develop and evangelize great engineering and organizational practices.
- Grow a healthy, collaborative engineering culture in line with our values.
- Be an active part of the leadership group to improve our teams.
WHO YOU ARE
- You love developing and growing people and have a strong track record in doing it.
- You are knowledgeable and passionate about software development.
- You have experience in leading, managing, coaching, and mentoring software developers towards delivering timely, high-quality software together with them.
- You have solid experience working in an agile development environment.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We truly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.