Do you love working with engineering teams on challenging problems? Are you passionate about developing people’s skills and careers? Would you like to establish and grow a software development team that will have an impact on the future of Spotify?
We are looking for an Engineering Manager to join the Content Assembly Product Area in Stockholm. As part of the Content Platform organization, we are ingesting, managing and publishing the massive, global, ever-evolving content catalog that fuels Spotify.
As a lead for great engineers, you bring technical leadership skills to the table, preferably with experience from delivering complex infrastructure/data products. With your passion for technology and people you drive hiring, challenging and growing your team members – as well as delivering on impactful missions with them.
You’ll also have plenty of opportunity to work across the larger mission and technology organization, and to be involved in different challenging projects outside of your direct context.
What you’ll do
- Grow people and teams through hiring, coaching, mentoring, and feedback
- Ensure timely delivery of technical solutions that address business needs
- Develop, advocate and advance modern software development practices
- Grow a healthy, collaborative, inclusive engineering culture in line with our company values
- Work closely with software engineering teams, product managers, designers and other stakeholders in Spotify to step-change the scale, performance and capabilities of Spotify’s content platform
- Be an active part of the Product Area leadership group to improve our teams
Who you are
- You are experienced in building, leading and mentoring cross-functional development teams and passionate about delivering valuable, working software systems with them
- You love developing and growing people and teams
- You have solid experience from working in an agile development environment
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We truly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.