The Platform team creates the technology that enables Spotify to learn quickly and scale easily, enabling rapid growth in our users and our business around the globe. Spanning many disciplines, we work to make the business work; creating the frameworks, capabilities and tools needed to welcome a billion customers. Join us and help to amplify productivity, quality and innovation across Spotify.
We are looking for a passionate engineering leader to join the Client Platform tribe, the mobile infra department at Spotify. Our goal is to enable Spotify mobile engineers to build features at scale, faster and with higher quality than any other company in industry.
You will be part of the client developer experience area with the mission to offer intuitive and frictionless developer environments thereby making the client development experience fast and painless
As an engineering manager at Spotify, one of your primary responsibilities is to the people you support: ensuring that they are growing as engineers, doing valuable work and generally having a great time at Spotify. You are also responsible for technical delivery and working with your team on strategy and execution. As a lead for strong engineers in R&D, technical leadership and a solid background in software development is a must, so that you’re able to challenge and grow your team members.
What you’ll do
- You will build and lead a team of engineers through hiring, coaching, mentoring, feedback and hands-on career development
- Support timely delivery of technical solutions to address business needs
- Advocate and advance modern, agile software development practices and help develop and evangelize great engineering and organizational practices
- Grow a healthy, collaborative engineering culture in line with the company values
- Be an active part of the tribe leadership team and collaborate with other leaders in the organisation
- You will be based in Stockholm, but occasionally travel globally
Who you are:
- You love developing and growing people and have a track record doing it
- You are knowledgeable and passionate about software development
- You have experience working with a diverse set of stakeholders and helping them understand the trade-offs to different product and technical decisions
- You have experience in leading, managing, coaching and mentoring software developers towards delivering timely, high quality software together with them
- You have solid experience working in an agile development environment
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 271 million users.