We are looking for experienced Front and Back End Engineering Managers/Chapter Leads to join one of our core revenue generating teams at our fast growing London, UK R&D site. Across Spotify, we are working together in autonomous teams that take full responsibility for their own part of the Spotify ecosystem. Some teams work with a feature like a search, others focus on supporting monitoring or making it super easy to deploy features on a certain type of client. This role is targeted towards the teams that are managing the systems and user experience regarding our expanding payments and commerce capabilities. You will join a team where everyone shares a common interest in distributed end user facing systems, their scalability, and continued development. Together we try to find new ways to create a great Spotify experience for all our users at all times. Above all, your work will impact the way the world experiences music.
What you’ll do
- Develop people through coaching, mentoring, and management support
- Participate in web and backend engineering technology architecture discussions for product development
- Advocate for development best practices across all engineering practices
- Grow the technical expertise of your team on performance, scalability and maintainable architecture
- Advocate and promote leadership at all levels within the Spotify engineering community
- Work closely with squads, product owners, agile coaches and stakeholders to ensure we deliver innovative products and campaigns to our users
- Work closely with the recruitment team to hire and onboard engineers.
Who you are
- You are experienced with leading, coaching, and mentoring individuals and teams
- You are knowledgeable about development technologies.
- You have a deep understanding of scalable systems serving millions of users
- You care about developing people as a team leader
- You preferably have large-scale engineering experience in an Agile development environment
You will work from our London UK location with occasional travel to Stockholm and New York.
What we value
Innovation, collaboration, transparency, passion and playfulness are a start. We believe our culture is a core part of what makes Spotify successful. We’re looking for someone who understands a good culture and will help shape it as it evolves.
Spotify brings you the right music for every moment. We play music for over 140 million active users, with more than 50 million subscribers. We’ve launched in 58 markets with over 30 millions songs.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.