Marketing Technology Infrastructure is charged with building the communication infrastructure powering Spotify’s efforts to guide users through the acquisition funnel. We have multiple stakeholders throughout the company, including Marketing, Growth and Subscription. The team owns and develops tools for channels such as email, push notifications and in-app messaging, helping our stakeholders to build intelligent campaigns reaching users through their preferred channels.
We are looking for an Engineering Manager to lead the backend engineering practice within our mission. In this role, you will be instrumental in growing the team and guiding software development to successfully scale and build ad delivery infrastructure.
What you’ll do
- Develop people through coaching, mentoring, and management support
- Participate in web engineering technology architecture discussions for product development and advocate better web development practices (CI, testing, operational efficiency, etc.)
- Keep people motivated and engaged in your team
- Grow the technical expertise of your team around scalability, performance, and fault tolerance
- Advocate and promote leadership at all levels within the larger engineering community
- Work closely with squads, product owners, and agile coaches to ensure we deliver innovative products to our users.
- Work closely with the recruitment team to hire and onboard web engineers
- Work from our office in NYC and be occasionally willing to travel to other Spotify offices
Who you are
- You have 2+ years of engineering management experience in leading, coaching, and mentoring teams.
- You are very knowledgeable about backend development in Java, and scaling and tuning performance of NoSQL systems
- You have a deep understanding of service oriented architectures and scalable systems serving millions of users
- You have experience working with large-scale backend systems
- You preferably have some experience within marketing technology
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.