We are looking for a passionate and seasoned Engineering Director to join Spotify’s Growth Opportunities (GO) team in the Markets Business Unit. We are an R&D team with a mission to drive sustained growth of Spotify fans around the world. We are doing this by delivering the best experience in our markets, connecting fans with our products in all channels and innovating to win.
As an Engineering Director at Spotify you will build and lead a diverse team of engineers, own delivery and be responsible for defining the technical strategy together with the team. As a lead for best in class talent, technical leadership and a solid background in software engineering is a must to be able to provide guidance, challenge and grow your team members.
We are here to make sure we never stop improving and innovating to enable more fans to enjoy their favorite music and podcasts.
What you’ll do
- Lead a fast-growing engineering organization, working on a mission central to Spotify’s success
- Grow, mentor and lead a team of Engineering Managers and Staff Engineers
- Be an active partner to your Product, Design and Insight peers as part of your role in being an effective leadership team for the whole group
- Coach, mentor and grow cross functional teams to form and sustain high performing engineerings teams
- Shepherd the engineering culture of our group to achieve its mission
- Be part of the team that’s setting the strategy for the business unit
Who you are
- You are knowledgeable and passionate about software development
- You have a growth mindset
- You can draw on substantial depth and breadth of management experience
- You have experience leading an organizational through rapid growth
- You have solid experience working in an agile environment
- You have built a learning organization and are continuously learning as a leader
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.