The Royalty Engineering team, also known as RoaR, is part of Spotify’s Finance but has a strong tech culture. Being in this space puts us as a team in the path of many overarching initiatives in the company with many challenging and hard technical problems to solve. We are now looking for a skilled and motivated engineer who can further strengthen our team and help us grow even more.
Working with royalties means that we make sure that the rights holders (record labels, publishers and collecting societies) are getting paid correctly for all the content that is streamed every day on Spotify. In addition to that, we are responsible for verifying publishing claims and processing huge amounts of data into detailed reports required by Spotify’s licensors to run their business.
We work in squads with a typical size of 5-8 people. We believe in aligned autonomy within squads, with shared higher level goals and processes and with freedom to experiment on how we’re executing towards the goals. We expect individuals to be selfless and cooperate across disciplines, always ready to contribute where the need is most. As such, we encourage cross-training and movement between both squads and disciplines.
The most important effort right now is the rebuild of our 10-year-old tech stack. We have been working with the latest GCP technologies among them DataFlow, Google Kubernetes Engine, BigQuery, PubSub, and frontend React. All this is being built in parallel with us maintaining the current system. We also need to ensure a smooth transition from the current system to the new platform. We are challenged to deliver at a fast pace and still not compromise on quality and future adaptability in an environment where requirements are changing all the time. We are here to revolutionize the music industry.
You will be writing code and committing to our live code base in collaboration with your own squad members and other squads. You will also be working closely with engineering and product managers in your squad and across squads. You like to work with a large amount of data and complex business logic with high performance and scalability requirements.
You will be working from our Stockholm headquarters. We offer relocation packages if you do not currently live in Sweden.
What you will do
- Write and commit code to our live code base in collaboration with your own team members and other teams
- Work closely with engineering and product managers in your team and across teams
- Be a key player in building a strong team with high quality output and create a culture of innovation
- Drive designs of major software components, systems, and features in your team and also cross teams
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve the software
- Drive squad projects priorities, deadlines and deliverables with your technical expertise
- Mentor and act as a role model for your team members in areas such as efficient design techniques, quality thinking during development and smart ways to deploy and monitor code
- Coordinate technical projects spanning multiple teams
- Use your understanding of the product and our business goals to create solid and high quality solutions inline with our long-term strategy
- Challenge yourself to keep growing as a developer
Who you are
- Have experience or strong interest to work with large amount of data and complex business logic with high performance and scalability requirements
- Have proven experience as a technical developer
- Have extensive experience working hands-on as a software engineer using an agile development methodology
- Have deep CI/CD experience and passion
- Have experience in providing testable technical solutions with quality
- GCP skills – deploying and operating services in there or in a similar cloud based backend
- Have a track record of building solutions based on microservice architecture as well as big data processing
- Have a good understanding of system design, data structures, and algorithms and understand how to apply them to design pragmatic solutions
- If you have previous experience of working with ITGC, GDPR and SOX-compliance (common in Fintech) it is a plus, but not a requirement
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of background, experience, and perspectives will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.