For millennia, humans have remarked at the powerful impact of music: Plato was known to have said that music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything. At Spotify, we embrace these beliefs and want to be better at anything that’s ever existed in bringing the perfect music at the perfect moment to our users. Core to this effort is having the most personalized platform for our consumers and being able to predict the most relevant things to surface in any context. That all starts with Machine Learning and is built on the connections our engineers make to data and fellow experts. Enabling those connections and building an excellent experience for Machine Learning practitioners is the mission of our Machine Learning Platform, and we’re looking for an Engagement Lead to help spread the usage of our internal platform.
As an Engagement Lead working with our Machine Learning Platform team, you’ll be working with engineers, researchers, data scientists, designers and product managers to identify Machine Learning opportunities and help guide other teams to success with Machine Learning.
What you’ll do
- Partner with teams across Spotify to identify Machine Learning use cases and develop initial solutions using our Platform tools and approaches
- Develop common approaches for engaging with internal teams, guiding through their initial experiences with Machine Learning
- Support Machine Learning Platform team by providing technical guidance with internal customer meetings, developing demos and custom solutions showcasing the Machine Learning tooling
- Provide engineers and designers with technical requirements that are driven from the engagements with partner teams and learnings from their usage
- Collaborate with engineers and product managers to develop training guides, user manuals and ML educational material for internal customers
- Organize engagement efforts. Responsible for scheduling engagements, setting expectations for partner teams, ensuring prerequisites are met
- Serve as a product evangelist for the Machine Learning Platform and associated infrastructure products internally and externally (where relevant)
- Drive new strategic ML projects each quarter, from initial ideation to MVP solution
- Manage project tracking and execution for current and future engagements
Who you are
- You have experience with data driven product development and a deep understanding of agile methodologies
- You have experience in applying machine learning and creating ML powered products
- You have experience advocating for customer issues or needs
- You know when ML is overkill for a problem and heuristics are a better path
- You ideally have experience working with Tensorflow, Kubernetes and Google Cloud Platform tooling
- You can quickly gain knowledge of user needs, are adept at gathering requirements, and defining scope.
- You have an ability to operate effectively and autonomously across multiple teams in situations of ambiguity, with only high-level direction
- You have a strong interest in applying AI/ML technologies to real world challenges
- You have a good understanding of current ML techniques
- You have strong project and relationship management skills and the ability to influence and collaborate across all levels of the organization
- You have excellent attention to detail, troubleshooting, and written and verbal communication skills.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.