Spotify’s awesome Legal team is growing. We’re facing cutting-edge challenges that mirror the cutting-edge industry and product at the heart of our company. As we’ve expanded into 65 countries and our company has grown tremendously, we find ourselves facing new and exciting legal issues every day. As Employment Counsel at Spotify, you will have responsibility for setting our employment law strategy, counseling on day-to-day employment matters, and overseeing employment-related disputes.
What you’ll do
- You will primarily partner with and provide legal guidance to key partners in Human Resources and other cross-functional stakeholders regarding all substantive employment law areas.
- You will have full responsibility for the Americas and other regions of the world.
- You will provide advice and develop strategy with senior leadership on company-wide initiatives affecting employees.
- You will manage employment law-related projects, including process reviews, new policy creation and implementation, and creation and delivery of training programs.
- You will manage and/or provide support on employment-related pre-litigation and litigation matters.
- You will monitor legislation, regulations, case law, and government enforcement activities relating to employment issues and provide proactive, strategic advice to the relevant stakeholders.
- You will advise key stakeholders concerning employment-related matters in new markets.
- You will draft and advise on employment-related documents, including contracts, offer letters and agreements and HR processes.
Who you are
- You have a law degree (or equivalent) from a top-tier law school.
- You have 8+ years of experience in employment counseling, including both firm and in-house, and including both counseling and litigation.
- International (non-US) experience is a plus.
- You have experience in partnering with global stakeholders.
- You have a passion for legal problems; you can explain legal concepts to non-lawyers.
- You are a problem solver, and can stay calm when problems come your way.
- You are self-motivated and can identify and attack work to be done without being instructed.
- You can juggle lots of simultaneous tasks and triage to make sure the right matters get your attention.
- You’re willing to get your hands dirty and dig in on projects.
- You work well as part of a team — both with other lawyers and with non-legal stakeholders.
- You are qualified to practice law as in-house counsel in the State of New York.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.