We are looking for a broadly experienced Editor / Content Manager to join Spotify’s Music Culture & Editorial team based in Milan.You will identify and execute first rate music playlist listening and will ensure an unbiased editorial voice for a multitude of moods, moments and genres. You will also demonstrate a passion for performance-oriented analytics and will have your ear to the ground in the Polish music community. Above all, your work will impact the way the world experiences music!
What you’ll do
- Be part of the Eastern European Music team, working out of our office in Milan.
- Focus on the daily music programming and editorial strategy for Poland and support the editorial team covering other markets in Eastern Europe.
- Curate and maintain playlists in a variety of genres for a variety of audiences, moods and moments.
- Understand and gain insight of consumer behaviors by analyzing data and analytics.
- Listen to music from a wide range of genres and identify appropriate programming opportunities.
- Collaborate with a global editorial team on a variety of projects and programming initiatives.
- Work cross-functionally with other internal teams to fulfill company strategic goals and projects.
- Provide a strong, unbiased editorial voice to create a first-class user experience.
Who you are
- At least 5 years of experience in the music industry, programming/curating music for tv, radio, digital or other media outlets, where connecting and serving audiences with music experiences, artists and/or creators in today’s music landscapes have been an integral part of your job and missions.
- You possess a perfect level of written and spoken Polish and English.
- You live and breathe music every day.
- You have a deep knowledge of music and culture, with a focus on Poland
- You have a deep understanding of music from across all genres and styles and a keen sense of what makes music appropriate for different situations and an ability to identify great songs to fit.
- On top of your broad music knowledge, genre specific expertise is also a plus.
- You are numerate and adept at analyzing and interpreting data and using it to set goals.
- You pay attention to details and organisation, have a strong work ethic and a friendly, warm attitude.
- You’re able to demonstrate a strong understanding of – and experience with – Spotify as a user and fan.
- Finally, you’re a great teammate, adapt well to change, and always have a positive attitude.
Please attach your resume in English.
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 299 million users.