At Spotify, we’re focused on providing the right music for every moment. We’ve connected millions of people to their favorite songs and created a service that people use to discover and share music they love. We’re currently in 61 markets and growing fast!
We are looking for a hungry and passionate Editor to join Spotify’s Music Culture & Editorial (MC&E) team in Berlin. You will identify and curate first-rate music playlist listening experiences for a multitude of our moods, moments, and genres. You feel home in genres like Dance, Electronic, Indie, Rock and/or German Pop music. You’re a music enthusiast with a wide music knowledge and will demonstrate a real passion for analytics. Above all, your work will impact the way the world experiences music.
What you’ll do
- Identify and substantiate content hypotheses primarily for the GSA region
- Play an editorial role in Spotify’s music culture strategy
- Curate content including a large number of different genres and mood music playlists
- Analyze analytics and performance indicators of your own work
- Represent Music Culture & Editorial (MC&E) in cross-functional projects within the Company
- You will present and follow up on strategic and creative projects and bets
- Work closely with the global MC&E teams as well as other cross-functional teams, to progress towards various content objectives
Who you are
- You live and breathe music every day
- You have knowledge and interest in a broad spectrum of music and music cultures
- Either you are a specialist in one or two genres or you are a generalist that can work with a variety of genres
- You have experience in the music industry, maybe as a programmer for TV, radio, or other media networks, where connecting and serving audiences with artists, creators, and music in today’s music landscape has been an integral part of your job and missions
- You’re able to demonstrate a deep understanding of – and experience with – Spotify as a user and fan
- You care about attention to detail and organization, have a team spirit, strong work ethic, and a friendly, warm attitude
- You have a story that demonstrates your real passion for music that you can tell us about
- You possess a flawless level of written and spoken English and German.
Please attach your CV in English. We are looking forward hearing from you.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.