We are looking for an experienced Editor/Music Programmer to join Spotify’s Shows and Editorial team in the UK with a focus on electronic & dance music, although wider music knowledge would be an asset. You will identify and curate first-rate music content and will play a key role in curating the music experience at Spotify. You’re a music enthusiast with an ear to the ground in the electronic & dance community and demonstrate a real passion for analytics. Above all, your work will impact the way the world experiences music.
What you’ll do
- Play an editorial role in Spotify’s music culture strategy with a particular focus on electronic & dance music
- Identify and substantiate content hypotheses
- Curate content including a large number of electronic & dance music playlists
- Analyze analytics and performance indicators of your own work
- Represent Shows & Editorial (S&E) in cross-functional bets within the Company
- Work closely with the Heads Of Music Culture, the Global Head of Dance & Electronic Music, the global S&E teams as well as other cross-functional teams, to progress towards various content objectives
- Work from our office in London
Who you are
- 3+ years of experience in the music industry, programming electronic and dance music for TV, radio, or other media networks, where connecting and serving audiences with artists, creators, and music in today’s music landscape has been an integral part of your job and missions
- You have a deep knowledge of historical and contemporary electronic & dance music culture
- You possess a flawless level of written and spoken English
- You’re able to demonstrate a deep understanding of – and experience with – Spotify as a user and fan
- You are able to lean on a good reputation and a strong network within the music industry, particularly in the UK and Europe
- You care about attention to detail and organization, have a team spirit, strong work ethic, and a friendly, warm attitude
- You have a story that demonstrates your real passion for electronic and dance music that you can tell us about!
Please attach your CV in English.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we experience perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees encourage everyone to come to be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.