We are looking for an experienced and passionate Classical Editor/Music Programmer to join Spotify’s Music team with a global focus on Classical music. You will play a key role and identify and curate first-rate Classical music content. You demonstrate a real passion for performance-oriented analytics and have your ear to the ground in the Classical music community. Above all, your work here will impact the way the world experiences Classical music.
Based out of Stockholm, reporting into our Head of Catalogue Strategy will you be driving the Classical scene at Spotify.
What you’ll do
- You will play the editorial role in Spotify’s music strategy for Classical music.
- You will identify and substantiate content hypotheses with the aim to please a new generation of listeners.
- You will curate for a large number of Classical music playlists – our playlist brands and shows.
- Road Manage and represent classical music in cross-functional bets within the Company.
- Analyze analytics and performance indicators of your own work.
- Work closely with the Heads Catalogue Strategy as well as other cross-functional teams, to progress towards various content objectives.
Who you are
- You have experience in the music industry, programming Classical music for TV, radio, or other media networks, where connecting and serving audiences with artists, creators, and music in today’s music landscape has been an integral part of your job and missions
- You have a deep knowledge of historical and contemporary Classical music and culture
- You possess a flawless level of written and spoken English and you’re also able to demonstrate a deep understanding of – and experience with – Spotify as a user and fan
- You are able to lean on a good reputation and a strong network within the Classical music industry, particularly in Europe
- You care about attention to detail and organization, have a team spirit, strong work ethic, and a friendly, warm attitude
- You enjoy working in a dynamic and ever-changing environment
- You have a story that demonstrates your real passion for Classical music that you can tell us about!
Please attach your CV and Cover Letter in English.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we experience perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.